- Recycling old aluminum into new products uses only 5 percent of the energy it takes to create new aluminum products from scratch.
- Recycling of aluminum products into new ones uses 95 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions than it does to create a new aluminum product without recycling.
- More than 75 percent of the more than 1 billion tons of aluminum ever produced is still in use.
- More than 90 million tons of carbon dioxide is prevented from being released into our atmosphere each year by recycling aluminum.
- Automobiles made with aluminum are lighter and therefore more efficient, saving fossil fuels.
Alexin encourages our communities to recycle but at this time we do not accept individual recycling donations of soda cans and household materials.
Source: Discover, 2011